Wednesday, June 12, 2013

US Women's Open

I have had quite a month in May! On May 4th, I married my best friend, caddie, instructor, and love of my life Travis Stoetling! We had such an awesome day and couldn't have asked for anything more. The week before, I played in Sarasota where I finished 10th place. Then 2 days after our wedding, I drove to Charlotte, NC to play in a tournament. I played ok there and made the cut but was exhausted from the wedding week and it all caught up to me on the last day. From there, I played in beautiful Asheville, NC where Travis flew up to caddie. We had another 10th place finish and then preceded to Myrtle Beach for a honeymoon. Three days after coming home I played in the US Women's Open qualifier in West Palm where we played through wind and off and on pouring rain. At 8:15 we called it a night and I had to wake up the next morning to play 4 holes. It was worse conditions in the morning and I boggied my last 2 holes to shoot 72-74. I was extremely frustrated because I played so solid and seemed to give it away. I had to sit an hour and a half and wait for girls to finish before finally finding out I got one of four spots to the US Open! I am so estatic to play my first Open of hopefully many to come! It is the last week of June in South Hampton, NY at Sebonack Golf Club. I am staying with a good friend from college but traveling up there isn't cheap! I am looking for any sponsors or any extra money to help cover my expenses for the week. If you donate $100 or more, I will gladly mail you a 2013 US Women's Open autographed hat. There is a link at the top right of my blog page to donate. Thank you for your continuous support and don't forget to watch live scoring!! By the way, I am now playing under my married name, Jackie Stoelting :)



No comments:

Post a Comment