Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Tied for 3rd

I just finished up a tournament in Decatur, Illinois where I finished tied for 3rd and only one shot off of a playoff to win. I played really solid all weekend and shot rounds of 69-66-72. I went into the final round with a 2 stroke lead and tried to hang on but a few costly swings found me 3 back with 4 holes to play. The winner shot a final round of 9 under to finish at 10 under total. Once I saw that I was 3 back I knew I had to start hitting aggressive shots. I birdied 2 of my final 4 holes to fall one shot short. It was a great learning experience yet somewhat heartbreaking. However, it is my second best finish out here and I feel so much closer to winning. I want to thank my caddie for the week, Kent who did an awesome job of keeping me calm, laughing, and helped me choose solid targets and clubs to hit. He really kept me in the moment and I couldn't have done it without him!

So far this year we have played in 6 tournaments and I have had 3 top 10s. I moved up to 12th on the money list where the top 10 get their LPGA card at the end of the year. Still lots of golf to be played but I feel confident that this is my year! I am currently in South Bend, Indiana playing in the tournament that has the biggest purse of the season. A solid finish here will give me lots of confidence going into the Open next week. I fly on Monday to Long Island where I finally get to see my husband! Not too many people get married and then have to part for weeks right after :) I can't wait to have Travis up there to caddie for me. He knows my game the best and I really feel like I can shine when he is on the bag.

A huge thank you to those who have donated to help my expenses at the Open! Look in your mailbox a few weeks after the Open for a package. There is still time to donate if you haven't already! Please know that I greatly appreciate your support and encouraging words! I have the best fans out there: Jacko's Wackos!!


1 comment:

  1. Damn Jackie, this Travis dude is Hot just like you said the first time you saw him. Easy Travis, no worries, I have been married for 25 years, just repeating the story Jackie told on the course. Can't repeat some of the others???? bow wow chicka bow wow. .You guys look great together.
    Always looking to caddy for a winner,
    Kent

    ReplyDelete