Monday, June 13, 2011

Teva Championship

What a week!! We had crazy weather here in Mason, Ohio (just outside of Cincinnati). On the first day of the tournament, we had 3 rain delays. It never rained but lightning threatened enough to pull us off. It took 8 hours to play 18 holes! I started out shaky with 2 boggies in 5 holes but bounced back with 4 more birdies and shot a 2 under 69 (the course was a par 71). The next day I shot 68 with 7 birdies! It was such an up and down day. It was definitely a round of what could have been with all of the birdies I had! There were so many delays that not everyone finished their round so the 2nd round was concluded early Sunday morning. After the results came in, I was in the final group on Sunday and 1 shot back. On my 2nd hole par 3, I pulled my tee shot into water and had to drop in a 40 yard drop zone. However, I got up and down for boggie and definitely had another shaky start. I bounced back with 2 birdies on 4 and 6 and took the lead. Didn't take long until horrible bunker play put me with a triple on the par 3 #8. The next hole was a reachable par 5 and I shook off my last hole and hit my 2nd shot to 20 feet. Just barely missed my eagle and bounced back to 2 over on the turn. The back 9 wasn't too exciting with many chances at birdie but only 1 fell in. Unfortunately on the last hole my tee shot went into a hazard and I boggied the last hole to finish with a 3 over 74 and a tied for 6th finish. I felt defeated with my play but considering the 2 penalties due to hazards and the triple on the par 3, I was proud of myself for hanging in there through the day. I could have easily given up and instead, I pulled it together and had another top 10 finish. I also moved from 11th to 7th on the important money list! The top 10 at the end of the year get their LPGA card so I'm definitely heading in the right direction!! This picture is taken at one of our practice rounds with my travel buddy, Alex and our friend Christina :)




Next week is our championship in Decatur, Illinois and it is a mandatory caddie event. Travis is flying in on Wednesday for a Thursday start to the tournament. I'm so excited because I play really well with him on the bag and I have great momentum after this week. His family is also going to come up because they live in Illinois so we should have a fun week!! I'll keep everyone updated on my facebook fan page and you can also follow on lpgafuturestour.com with live scoring. Thank you to everyone who has sent me messages, emails, and calls. I have such a great support system and I can't thank you all enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment