Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Iowa

On Sunday, June 29th I made my way to Iowa from South Florida. I met my travel buddy, Alex in Jacksonville and stopped in Atlanta to stay with my good friend Katie who recently got married. On Monday, we drove around 14 hours to Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It was the two longest days of my life driving in a car!! But its worth it to have my own car and it helps save money.



Our housing was absolutely wonderful and took us under their wings like we were their own children. On Thursday, I played in the Pro-Am and it rained for the first 9 holes but we had a great and fun team! Played pretty well too! Here we are in front of a giant tire. Titan Tire was the sponsor for the week so there were tons of tires and tractors by the practice facilities. Unfortunately, the wind came on Friday afternoon when I teed off and could not control my ball. I kept it together on the front 9 shooting 38 but had a disappointing 44 on the back to shoot 82. I collected myself though and the next day came to the course with a positive attitude and shot 73. I still had some issues with my swing but managed to shoot a decent score and only miss the cut by 2. Its nice when you play bad and still just barely miss the cut. I fell out of the top 10 on the money list since the first tournament, however this gives me a lot of motivation going into this week in Ohio to get back up at the top!!

No comments:

Post a Comment