Saturday, October 5, 2013

Paying it Forward

Hi all! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. It has been a busy ending to a great season! I will update you all soon with a blog on the end of my season. As many of you know, I played and made the cut in the 2013 US Women's Open. Before I played, I reached out to supporters in both Lakeland and Vero to help me financially play in one of the most prestigious tournaments I will ever get to play in. I was overwhelmed with how many of you reached out and hopefully you got your pictures and hat in the mail! It was an amazing experience and it really helped me play freely knowing I could afford to be there. Once I made a nice paycheck, I knew I had to pay it forward. You all helped me, so why not help those communities who have continually supported me in my career. I decided to give 10% of my earnings from the Open to the Indian River Golf Foundation and The First Tee of Lakeland. Both of these groups have been so supportive in my golf career. I spent many hours at The First Tee of Lakeland while in college and I believe their values are great for kids to play golf who many not be able to afford it. Indian River Golf Foundation has been a very successful program for the Treasure Coast in developing junior golfers. I only wish I had this foundation around when I was a kid to be able to enhance my golf as a Junior golfer. Roger Van Dyke and his team are really building not only great golfers, but polite and determined future pros. I presented checks of $390 to each programs in September. I hope that as my career grows, these are the first checks of many more to come. To all of those who sent me money, please know that I returned your favor and can't thank you enough. Hopefully those checks help out another young golfer play in a golf tournament who otherwise wouldn't have been able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment