Friday, July 19, 2013

Albany, NY

Last week I played in Albany, NY. This tournament feels like a home tournament as I have family and close friends here as well as an awesome sponsor for the week, Albany Advisor Group. I started my week with a cocktail party put on by Lori Murphy, who is a part of Albany Advisor Group. I enjoyed meeting a lot of people as well as being a part of a chipping contest. Albany Advisor Group has sponsored me here for the past 3 years and is my first corporate sponsor. I was also lucky enough to play with Lori, a client of hers, and Lori's friend in the Pro-Am. We had such a great time and held our own! On Wednesday night, I spent some time helping kids with disabilities at a clinic. It was with a group called SAFE. It was a wonderful time and definitely puts my life into perspective! It made me remember that golf is not a life or death matter and that I am lucky enough to be living a dream. It was a wonderful night with a great turnout! My Dad flew in to caddie and we had a great time out there. The first round was a rollercoaster where I shot 75. I was up and down all day and never really got anything going, except a 4 putt. After the round I worked on my putting and realized I was gripping the putter too tight. I told my Dad to remind me to have soft hands when I putt and that did the trick! On Saturday, I shot 68 to make the cut and moved up about 50 spots. The final round was brutally hot, around 95 with no breeze. I was really struggling with the heat and wasn't quite myself. I managed to shoot even par, 71 to finish in a tie for 37th. Overall, it was a solid week for me and I feel like I'm going to have another great tournament coming up! I just need to put everything together for 3 rounds and I know I can win! I want to thank all of my family and friends in Albany last week for coming out to support me. And of course, thanks again to Albany Advisor Group for being a wonderful support system to help me on my path to playing on the LPGA!

No comments:

Post a Comment