Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crown Point, Indiana

This was my 5th week in a row playing in tournament play and boy was I feeling it! On Tuesday, I played in a Junior Pro-am with a few girls from the local First Tee Program. They were really fun to play with and will be future stars and probably my future competitors :)






That night all of the girls on tour loaded on top of fire trucks and we took a parade into the town! It was really fun and neat. It was a great welcome by the city of Crown Point!








During the first day, I played really well and made the turn at 1 under. Then the lovely par 5 number 11 hit me and after a few shots in tall weeds and an unplayable lie, I walked away with a 9. I was really frustrated but tried to put it behind me but struggled down the last few holes and walked away with a 78. Once again a big number got me and I was really upset with my round. The next day I came back and played 5 holes before a huge storm came in. I was even through 5. I knew if I shot 1 or 2 under I would make the cut so I was happy with my start. We didn't get to play the rest of the day and it rained so much that we had to restart the following day. I started with a 3 putt bogey and that sucked out my confidence in putting. I did okay up until my 6th hole which is an island green only 20 paces from front to back. I preceded to hit one short in the water and then my 2nd long. Standing over my 5th shot all I could think about was DON"T HIT IT IN THE WATER!!! So I got it on the green made my 2 putt and walked away with a 7. Another hole where I was 4 over in one hole! I finished with a 77. What a disappointing weekend but looking back, I was 8 over on those 2 holes and 3 over on the other 34. So I can't get too upset with my play just need to learn not to get big numbers!!! I was ready for a week off after this tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment