Thursday, March 10, 2011

Florida Women's Open

Hey everyone! I played in the Florida Women's Open Monday-Wednesday of this week. It was a great start to my season. I have't played in a tournament since Q-School in November so I was definitely a little rusty. On Monday, I started off with 3 boggies in my first 4 holes but finished out even for the rest of the day so I shot 75. The Next day I played great and shot 69! Moved into a tie for 8th out of 60. Wednesday was the final day and I started off great having 2 birdies in a row to be 2 under going into #6, a short par 5 that is a very easy birde hole. Well I must have had a brain fart because after hitting in the trees and having to chip out I managed to hit 2 balls in to the water and then 2 putt for a 10! A 10!!!! I can't believe it. I haven't had a double digit on a hole in a very long time! All I could do was laugh it off and hit my next shot to 9 feet and make a birdie. I managed to make 2 more birdies and shot even par 72. Not too many people can say that had a 10 and shoot even par! Haha. The unfortunate part was that 5 under won the tournament so if I had just parred that hole...you get the picture! But after not playing in a tournament since November, I feel pleased with my effort and excited for the Futures Tour season to start in 2 weeks in Winter Haven, Florida!!

On another note, thank you to everyone who came out to support me in my Chasing the Dream fundrasier last Saturday, March 5th. It was a huge success and I raised enough to enter every tournament this season! I'll put pictures up on my facebook page so be sure to check them out :) Also, I'm in the process of updating my webpage so keep an eye out for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment